Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Suspenders

Just popping in to say I hope you enjoyed your St. Patrick's Day celebrations yesterday. In honor of the occasion, I made Little Bub his own bow tie and suspender set.

 
He doesn't much care for either, but he was content to let me put them on him if I let him play with the sewing machine. ;)
 
I used the tutorial from Make It & Love It for the suspenders. Super easy to follow directions with pictures. The only trouble I had was that I wanted to include snaps on the front so I could lengthen the straps for next year. It took quite a lot of banging and extra snaps. Oof.
 
For the bow tie, I found another great tutorial at Paper & Stitch. Again, lots of pictures and detailed instructions for a beginner like myself.
 
I hope to have enough time to make a set for Easter. I'm still looking for the perfect fabric to go with the little blue and white seersucker blazer I bought for Little Bub. I can't wait until his Easter pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment