Thursday, March 21, 2013

Itty Bitty Easter

Here are some little quick projects I've been working on in between orders. They are super quick and easy to make, especially when you follow the great tutorials.

The first item is a little bow. I found this tutorial at craftiness is not optional. I can't say enough about this little tutorial. It's super easy and super quick. I literally made this bow in about 15 minutes. If you are a beginner, than this tutorial is perfect because it has step by step pictures to help you through the process. If you are a little more seasoned, then it just has the pattern at the top. Perfect!

 
This bow was for a Dr. Seuss set I made, but I thought I'd give it a try as a hair accessory. So cute! You could just bobby pin it in place or sew it to a headband. Or you could use them as I intended for this one and make a little bow tie (you just have to add a strap with a little button to go around the neck). I will definitely be making more of these.
 
Next up is the bunny applique. This is another great picture tutorial. I found it at Love the Blue Bird. Again, this is great for a beginner or an old pro. I love how it's a backside view of the bunny. The little tail was really easy to make!!


I thought these might be great for sewing on a hat, headband or blanket. I even thought some people might like to attach it to a pin for Easter! If I had enough time, I would make them in lots of bright spring colors for a garland.
 
 
Finally, I whipped up a little mini Easter basket. I shared a picture before of how I was inspired by the basket pattern I found at Craftsanity. The pattern was pretty easy and it didn't take very long. I've been thinking about upgrading and trying to make a bigger basket for Little Bub to collect Easter eggs. It would be lightweight, but big enough to hold a few eggs. 

 
If you have any time before Easter, these are three easy and quick projects that will make your little ones smile. Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment