Thursday, March 7, 2013

Marshmallow Peep Love

When I was younger, I really used to love peeps. What's not to love with the pure sugar and the vibrant colors? I was always excited to get some in my Easter basket. My parents used to like to open the package and let them get a little hard before eating them. Yuck! I liked to eat them still soft, so of course, I had to eat a whole row at a time! Now, I might have ONE peep at Easter time but it's totally sugar overkill, but I still think they're cute.
 
I even love the idea of threading peeps on a stick and making a colorful, edible centerpiece for an Easter table like this (photo credit):
 

 One of the photographers that I've partnered up with, Lissa May Photography, asked me if I could make some of these crocheted marshmallow bunnies. I thought I could give it a try. We decided on vibrant colors and I think they turned out adorable!! Here are two of the pictures she took with them.
 

 
Then I had such an amazing surprise when I downloaded my weekly issue of Gathered to my iPad and my marshmallow bunnies were featured on the Show and Tell page! I couldn't believe it! If you have a chance, check out the magazine. I love all the little goodies and free DIY crafts that are in each issue. Right now, you can get 5 issues for free!
 
Easter is sneaking up fast. I wanted to make a yellow bunny, but I'm not sure I'll have the time. But I definitely want to make time for these little baskets!

 
They look simple and fast. I only need to make one for Little Bub and then if I have time, I'll make 4 more for his cousins. I'm not sure what I'll put in them yet...maybe some peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment