Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Twenty Months Old

Whew! It sure has been a while. I've been meaning to come back and post a little more regularly, but between the end of the school year craziness, getting custom orders done, making items for the upcoming craft show and taking care of Little Bub, I just can't find the time or the energy. Even my household chores have been a little neglected. And definitely my time in the kitchen has been almost nonexistent. Salad for dinner again, dear? Oh well, it's good for us, right?

I'm definitely enjoying my time home this summer. Mostly. We have our days where Little Bub pushes my patience, but overall we are having fun and I've been getting a lot of stuff done for the craft show. It helps when Little Bub takes a 2-3 hour nap. :)
This is how we are spending our time this morning. 


Trying to get away from the TV. Little Bub has been on a Cars kick this past week and brings the DVD case over so we can watch it. Again and again and again.


I just can't believe he is 20 months old today. He is turning into such a little man. He still loves a lot of the same food (he had a whole large slice of pizza to himself last night!) And blueberries are a new favorite. He goes to the fridge and pulls them out for lunch everyday.

He has learned quite a few signs now and regularly signs thank you, even without being prompted most times! We're still working on please. ;) He is talking a little more too. Still words and not phrases, but he does well with the "oo" sound like blue, balloon, shoe, moo, boo, etc. They mostly sound the same and we have to look at what he's pointing at before we can figure out what he means.

He loves Mickey Mouse and Chuggington, and of course Cars. He still likes to be read to and look at books. And magazines like This Old House. Ha. His absolute favorite books are Wake Up, Little One and Why I Love My Daddy. Those often travel up and down the stairs with us throughout the day. He just got his first trike this week and he's already figured it out even though he can't quite get going on his own. He loves to go for bike rides in the pull behind trailer though! And his very best friend is Teddy. 


I am not ready for him to be two years old yet. It's only 4 months away now. Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment